Wednesday 5 December 2007

8. What Project Will I Undertake For The Creative Graphic Design Module And How Will This Help My Career?

As of today, Sunday 20th January, I have yet to finalise the area that I will study for this part of the course.

The leading contender is, currently, the area of "vehicle wrapping". This is not anything to do with rap music or gifts but is, instead, one of the growth areas of the vehicle livery industry. Vehicle wrapping entails covering an entire vehicle - truck, car, commercial vehicle etc - in full colour printed graphics.

An area that can be quite lucrative financially. The setup costs for the machinery can, for a small business such as mine, be prohibitive but the impact these types of vehicle can create is very impressive. Increasingly, more and more customers are looking at this as a way to advertise their businesses.

Full or partial wraps can be achieved.

By studying this in greater depth, I hope to determine if this is an area I am prepared to move towards as a business. Or should we stick to our current strengths?

No comments: