Wednesday 5 December 2007

5. What Did I Learn From My Research?

I learnt that the exhibition on Helvetica at the MOMA in New York was very disappointing; I am so glad that we visited after 1600 hours on a Friday when entry is FOC.
Also, I learnt (not a great surprise really) that technology changes so rapidly and results in greater flexibility for designers, allowing ever more elaborate and complex designs. The expectations of customers is also changing as they become aware of the availability of large format, full colour outputs as an increasingly more cost effective medium in which to advertise their services and businesses.

In order to survive, you must be prepared to know your limitations as a business; when to go beyond them in order to satisfy a client and when to say "I can't do that...but I know someone who can".

Outsourcing is entirely acceptable at times.

No comments: